Our commitment to privacy
AMCIL Limited (AMCIL or the Company) respects and is committed to protecting your privacy. This document sets out our policy on handling personal information.
AMCIL will be guided by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (as amended) when dealing with personal information. For further information about the APPs, you can visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner's website at www.oaic.gov.au.
What information does AMCIL collect and why?
There are a number of situations in which it is necessary for us to collect personal information about securityholders and other people associated with the company (such as directors). We may collect and hold personal information such as names, addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, bank account details, tax file numbers and details of securityholdings.
The primary purpose for which this information is collected is to enable securityholders' holdings to be maintained and administered efficiently and to enable the company to comply with its legal and regulatory obligations. In particular, the information may be used in connection with one or more of the following:
- maintenance of the Company's security registers as required by the Corporations Act 2001;
- preparation of securityholder and internal management reports;
- distribution of financial results, annual reports and other corporate communications to securityholders;
- distribution of dividend payments to securityholders;
- compliance with legal and regulatory requirements;
- obtaining and responding to securityholder queries; and
- any other purpose required or authorised by law.
Personal information about securityholders may be disclosed where required to meet the company's legal or regulatory obligations, including any international obligations, and to:
- our share registry, Computershare Investor Services Pty Ltd
- Australian Investment Company Services Limited, which performs Management, Finance, Marketing/Business Development and Securities/Stock Market services for the Company; and
- third party contractors who provide printing and mailing services.
We aim to keep the personal information that AMCIL collects, uses or discloses as accurate, complete and up to date as possible. We need your help to do that. If you think that the information we hold about you is inaccurate please contact our Privacy Officer (contact details below) and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Access to Personal Information
You should contact our Privacy Officer (contact details below) if you would like to request details of the personal information that AMCIL may hold about you. The Company may charge a fee for providing this service, but we will inform you of that at the time you make the request.
Please feel free to contact our Privacy Officer on (03) 9650 9911 if you have any questions, comments or would like more information concerning how we handle your information or privacy issues.